Author Interview-Kathryn Knight



What inspired you to become a writer?
Thanks for having me, Mariposa!  My passion for the written word was the biggest factor.  I’ve been an avid reader since I was very young, and eventually I got into the habit of imagining my own characters and plots.  I always wanted to write a novel, and by the time I found the motivation to sit down and begin Silver Lake, I had almost the entire story worked out in my head!
Who are your favorite romance characters (besides your own?)
Oh I love this question – there are so many!  Claire and Jamie of the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, Whitney and Clayton from Judith McNaught’s Whitney, My Love, and although not technically a romance in terms of Happily Ever After, Scarlett and Rhett from Margaret Mitchell’s Gone with the Wind.

Tell me what inspired this story.
That’s a tough question for me, because it’s hard to remember exactly how I came up with the idea.  As I mentioned, I actually had Silver Lake almost completely written in my head for years before I even typed a single word.  My inspiration was really my genuine love for ghost stories mixed with romance.  For me, a mysterious and spooky paranormal element combined with a tension-filled romantic relationship is the perfect recipe for an exciting read.  Basically, I created my favorite type of novel!

How do you balance your day-to-day commitments with your writing life?
I’m an excellent multi-tasker.  Usually my mind is working, turning over potential scenes, while I’m taking care of responsibilities around the house.  I carry pads of paper everywhere I go in case inspiration strikes.  And thankfully my kids and husband are very understanding when I’m “in the zone” and can’t focus on anything but writing.

Is there anything else you’d like to share with our readers?
My second paranormal romance, Gull Harbor, was recently contracted by The Wild Rose Press.  We’ve just approved the blurb and I’m excited to begin edits soon.  And I love to hear from readers, so drop me a line anytime via my website or FB!

Rain Anderson can't decide which is more unsettling—encountering the ghost of her missing friend, or reuniting with the man whose love she foolishly rejected. But one thing is certain: the past has come back to haunt her, quite literally.

Rain Anderson can't decide which is more unsettling—encountering the ghost of her missing friend, or reuniting with the man whose love she foolishly rejected. But one thing is certain: the past has come back to haunt her, quite literally.

Five years ago, Rain's tight-knit group of high school friends unraveled when one vanished during their senior year. Now, a parent's deathbed request has reunited the friends at Silver Lake, including Jason Lansing, the man Rain discarded. Rain and Jason discover the powerful attraction between them has survived, but though Jason is willing to forgive, he can't let himself forget. The possibility of falling for Rain again is too risky.

Slamming doors, crashing objects, flaring fires—clearly the ghost has a message to share. As Rain and Jason struggle to unravel the truth, they must face a desperate spirit in need of help…and a burning passion that refuses to die.












Popular posts from this blog

Read 'Em & Eat-Mesquite Turkey Quesadillas

Moving On

Author Interview Monique McDonnell