Author Interview-Catherine MacDonald



Seasons of the Vineyard: Francesca Bernard ran away from the family vineyard because she was determined to live a different life—one without the grapes and her secrets, but life has another plan. Returning home, she is confronted with the actions of her past and the complexities of the present. Francesca is determined to save the vineyard and uncover the secret of the Zinfandel wine, but that secret is buried with her mother. How is Francesca able to save the vineyard, uncover the secret of the Zinfandel, deal with her past, and come to terms with her true love? Well, sometimes a glass of deep red wine helps!

What inspired you to become a writer?
I’ve always loved to read. From the time the nuns taught Dick and Jane, I have always had my nose in a book. My love of stories inspired me to write, and The Artist’s Way course helped fuel my creative fire.

Who are your favorite romantic characters?
I’d have to say Scarlett O’Hara, Zelda Fitzgerald (She was human, but the basis of many of his characters.), Emma in A Woman of Substance, Anne Morrow Lindbergh in The Aviator’s Wife, Mamah in Loving Frank.

Tell me what inspired this story.
Seasons of theVineyard was inspired after a trip to Italy. The book is set in Sonoma, which I have visited many times. At one time, I thought it would romantic to operate a vineyard, but the more I researched the topic and business I decided I would stick with being an RV dealer. Romancing the Vines is the sequel, which readers asked me to write. They wanted to find out what happened between Francesca, Enrico, and Giancarlo. When I started writing the draft, I had no idea the book would take the direction it has. I hope to have this book done in the next month. It’s that work thing that gets in my way!

What is one of your favorite romantic locales?
Italy is romantic, which I have used in the sequel to Seasons. There is something about all that wine, art, history, and sun that fuels my senses. I visited France last fall and fell in love with that country, which is full of romance. I used artistic license and used some of the locals we traveled to and put them in the past lives in the sequel. Even though castles were dark and dank, there is something romantic about lords and ladies. And of course, the wine country in California is very romantic.

Visit me at www.supernovel.com There are links to all my books and my blog. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Read 'Em & Eat-Mesquite Turkey Quesadillas

Moving On

Author Interview Monique McDonnell