Author Interview-Kate Hill

What inspired you to become a writer?
I can't remember a time when I didn't want to be a writer. I've always liked to tell stories. When I was
sixteen I decided to start submitting my work for publication. It took ten years before I had a story accepted.

Who are your favorite romance characters (besides your own?)
Wow, that's a hard question because there are so many great characters. I love Charlotte Boyett-Compo's Kamerone Cree from Bloodwind, Jude Deveraux's Alexander Montgomery from The Raider, Jack Greene's Jordan from News at Eleven, Sean Michael's Rose and Thorne from the series of the same name, Gabriel Belthir's Evie Johns from Lily of the Wastelands, all the heroes from the Men of Valor series by Kiru Taye, Vance and Victor from the Cirque Caprice series by Julia Talbot. The list could go on.

Tell me what inspired this story.
Though St. Augustine's Silhouettes is short, there was a lot I wanted to do with it. Like most of my stories, the main characters developed first. I wanted to write about two outcasts who find each other. I also wanted people to question whether the hero could be trusted. The story is definitely a romance, but it has elements of horror and suspense as well.

What is one of your favorite romantic locales?
The mountains. I love the mountains. Luckily I don't live far from the White Mountains of New Hampshire, so it doesn't take long for me to drive there for inspiration.

Is there anything else you’d like to share with our readers? 
Definitely! I love to connect with readers. Links to my social network pages and blogs can be found at my website http://www.kate-hill.com. For those who enjoy characters with a dark side, my Compelling Beasts Blog is dedicated to antiheroes, antagonists and paranormal creatures who are traditionally considered the "bad guys." Please stop by to say hello at http://www.kate-hill.com/compellingbeastsblog.
St. Augustine's Silhouettes
by Kate Hill
Historical, Paranormal, Thriller
A killer runs loose in a small American town. When free-spirited Katherine allies herself with a man dubbed Satan by the townsfolk, has she found the man of her dreams or has she fallen into the hands of a murderer?

Purchase Links and Excerpt: http://www.kate-hill.com/staugustinessilhouettes.html

Popular posts from this blog

Read 'Em & Eat-Mesquite Turkey Quesadillas

Moving On

Author Interview Monique McDonnell