Author Interview-Tracey Mayhew


What inspired you to become a writer?
To be honest, I’ve always been a writer.  One of my earliest stories (when I was about 11) was for a project for school – it was about a mouse called Gizmo who rescued a cat from a house fire!  Throughout that year, I revisited those characters again and again writing many stories.  Since then, I’ve been inspired by many authors and have enjoyed exploring new worlds and new characters every time I begin a new story.
Who are your favorite romance characters (besides your own?)
I enjoy reading about any romantic couple that actually challenge each other.  I found that dynamic first in Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice with Darcy and Elizabeth.  Since then I’ve discovered many authors that create a similar dynamic between their couples, the most recent being Kirsty Greenwood, and this is something I try to create with my own characters.
Tell me what inspired this story.
The idea behind ‘What Happened In Vegas…’ is the basic premise that people make mistakes – they find themselves doing something and then can’t face the truth of the situation so their gut reaction is to run away and try to ignore the fact it ever happened.  I think we’ve all done something like this at some point in our lives so, hopefully, it’s a feeling we can all relate to on some level. 
What is one of your favorite romantic locales?
For me, it has to be the Lake District, no question.  I love being in the countryside, surrounded by mountains and lakes.  My favourite place is Ullswater – it’s so peaceful and beautiful up there.  If I could live there, I would!  In fact, I’m actually toying with the idea of setting my next novel there – any excuse for a research trip!
Is there anything else you’d like to share with our readers? 
What Happened In Vegas… is currently available on Amazon

My first book, No Strings, is also available on Amazon

You can join my mailing list (and get a free novella) at: www.traceymayhew.com

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas… doesn’t it?
Alex Hughes has been eagerly awaiting her trip to Vegas for weeks now: a chance to escape the reality of her life; to forget her ex is getting married and to, finally, let her hair down and have some fun with the girls.  The last thing on her mind is another man.
That soon changes, though, when a case of mistaken identity throws Dylan Carlisle into her path and he’s soon tagging along for the ride.  Dylan’s everything she isn’t looking for: gorgeous, charming, sexy and funny…  Is it any wonder she gives into temptation?
However, in the cold light of day, she knows she’s made a huge mistake and, in a moment of panic, does the only thing she can: she runs back home, putting an entire ocean between them in the process.  But Dylan isn’t able to let her go and, when he finally tracks her down, Alex realises that not everything that happens in Vegas actually stays there.
WHAT HAPPENED IN VEGAS… is a fast-paced romantic comedy, perfect for fans of Kirsty Greenwood, Sophie Kinsella and Becky Monson; a perfect blend of romance and humour for you to enjoy again and again!

Popular posts from this blog

Read 'Em & Eat-Mesquite Turkey Quesadillas

Moving On

Author Interview Monique McDonnell