Author Interview-Mary Vine




What inspired you to become a writer?
I read a lot in my twenties and thirties and somehow I thought I could do it, too. I first started writing at age 36, but was shy about telling anyone. Finally, I gained enough courage to take a few chapters to my neighbor, a retired high school English teacher. Her encouragement kept me going.

Who are your favorite romance characters (besides your own?)
The older I get the more I really like kick-ass heroines in books and television.  I like Susan Elizabeth Phillips’ heroines, especially in Nobody’s Baby But Mine and Ain’t She Sweet.  I like reformed bad boys in books and in real life. I’ve got one right at home.

Tell me what inspired this story.
For many years I’ve dreamed of a big house. Not always the same big house, but variations. And they usually belonged to me. Finally, I decided to write about it in A Haunting in Trillium Falls. I’ve always been a sucker for haunted house stories that included a romantic storyline as well.

How do you balance your day-to-day commitments with your writing life?
I’ve written when I’ve worked full-time and now I write working part-time. Seems I get the same amount of words on the page either way. I think the part-time schedule makes me think I can procrastinate longer. I write the most during the summers, or when I become part of a monthly challenge to write at least 100 words per day.

Is there anything else you’d like to share with our readers?
During a book signing event, I had the honor of meeting Steve Bronson, who happens to be pictured on the cover of my book, A Place to Land. Poor guy, I made him take off his sunglasses so I could see his handsome face (his face was mostly covered by a cowboy hat on the cover). He was very gracious about it. As he walked off into the sunset, I noticed he’s taller than I expected him to be. In my opinion, he makes a great Jackson, the hero of the story.

A Haunting in Trillium Falls

A courageous but naïve woman and a benevolent but cynical man reconcile to evict ghosts and restore a mansion.
Taylor Glenn makes a deal on a haunted mansion in the town where she accepts her first teaching job. Her naïve optimism assures her that her depressed grandfather will come to life and help her rebuild it with the passion he once possessed for restoring old homes. Three deaths are connected to the tower room and no local workman will set foot inside except for the former owner, successful real estate developer, Dillon Nash. She wonders if this captivating man is the salvation she needs or an even greater threat to her survival when mysterious events happen in the house.
Buy links
Distribution to the following retailers and partners...
Amazon Kindle
All Romance
Bookstrand
iTunes (iBookstore)
Kobo
Barnes & Noble Nook
It’s also at Overdrive Content Reserve (distributes to libraries and various retailers)

Popular posts from this blog

Read 'Em & Eat-Mesquite Turkey Quesadillas

Moving On

Author Interview Monique McDonnell