Interview with Marie Beau


I was fortunate to meet Marie when she hosted an amazing shifter's tour last October and I'm thrilled to have her chat about Wolf!
Hi Mariposa,
How nice to be here! I’ve been off in my own little world, writing away (not to mention busy with everyday life like digging out from the plethora of snow). So thanks for having me and remembering my furry friends in Wolf!
Marie
How did the inspiration for this work come to you? I have always loved shape shifters, and I think wolves are absolutely gorgeous creatures so the two just seemed to come together. As far as where my ideas come from – your guess is as good as mine. But I love the freedom that comes with a shifter character, human at heart, but the instincts of an animal. Kind of the best of both worlds, don’t you think? Inspiration is an amazing thing. Fuel for my imagination can come from anywhere and I generally don’t have a clue where my ideas come from.
How do you balance your day-to-day commitments with your writing life? Balance? (She takes a deep breath.) Yes, I occasionally have balance in my life...but not very often. LOL I work full time, have a teenage daughter that I cart around to and fro as she needs, I play guitar and sing and occasionally perform, I am very active in my church, and I’m the typical housewife, wife, mother, and jack of all trades. But in the evening hours, once darkness sets in and my chores are all done, I slip into my cave and it’s just me and my words. Sometimes they flow fast and furious and sometimes there’s just a page or so, but the end of my day is MINE and that’s where my stories are born.
What shapeshifter character do you like best besides your own? Rachel Vincent has a whole series about packs of shifter cats. I’ve gobbled my way through all of those. Also, Christine Warren’s Wolf at the Door is a favorite.
What are your other passions outside of writing? Music! As I mentioned before, I also play guitar and sing, and yes, I write songs, too. And my taste in music is pretty eclectic. Everything from classical (I love cellos!) to pan flutes – but the thing I love most is listening to voices wrap around each other in harmonies. Check out Celtic Women on Youtube and you’ll see what I mean.
Thanks for joining us today. Is there anything else you’d like to share with our readers? Writing is such a joy for me, I just hope that my readers enjoy my stories. I’d love to see more comments or reviews on Amazon to let me know what they think!
Here’s a little snippet from Wolf!
Lyssa Merrick has no intention of ever being involved with a wolf, but when Wolfe Reardon seeks her wildlife services she realizes choosing a mate is not always a conscious decision.
Excerpt:
“Such small, soft hands for an outdoors woman.” He leaned across the counter and breathed deeply. His eyes closed for a moment, and opened mere inches from hers. “You do lead all the expeditions, don't you?”
His other hand lifted to her face, brushing back her hair. His gaze followed every movement of his hand, steeping her in his aura.
“Who are you?” She whispered and tilted her head away from his hand. If he kept touching her, she wouldnt be accountable for her actions. She didnt know if she wanted to scratch, bite…or purr.
I’ll be over at Long And Short Reviews on Monday if anyone would care to stop by and see a little more!
Thanks for stopping by!
Marie Beau
Wolf!
Release date: 10/1/2010
Whispers Publishing
For more about Lyssa and Wolfe, visit me at:

Popular posts from this blog

Read 'Em & Eat-Mesquite Turkey Quesadillas

Moving On

Author Interview Monique McDonnell