Author Interview-C.A. Phipps


Gillian Shaw
Nearly thirty, over-endowed with curves, and under-endowed with boyfriends, you could say that my life is not going to plan. Still hopelessly in love with my childhood friend and neighbor who only sees me as his best pal, it’s finally sinking in that if I want a happily ever after I’m going to have to look further afield. Which means putting my feelings for Jack behind me, no matter how much it hurts. 

Jack Larson  
I love Gill. Who wouldn’t? She’s cute, kind, funny and my side-kick since school. She’s suffered with me through my failed marriage and has become a second mom to my six-year-old daughter, so I like to make sure she’s okay. Only, life’s just started to get crazy. 
I’m pretty darn good at getting my point across in business, but how am I supposed to deal with Gill throwing herself away on the nerdy bank manager? I’m worried that I’ll lose her friendship if I tell her what I know, and worried that she’ll get hurt if I don’t. Then there’s this other worry. What if I’m just jealous? And what the heck does that mean?


What inspired you to become a writer?
Reading. Lots and lots of reading! I loved writing at school and then I made up stories for my children. It was a dream I didn’t think would come true, but meeting like-minded women at a New Zealand conference was the push I needed to have the confidence to give it a shot.
Who are your favorite romance characters (besides your own?)
I have so many favorites, but Louisa Clark in Me Before You by JoJo Moyes, Kate Forrester in The Lake House, Elizabeth Bennett in Pride and Prejudice plus Jamie McKenzie in Outlander. Sigh! And, of course Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice has to be the most infuriatingly wonderful character.
Tell me what inspired this story.
Jack and Gill is a second chance story for both the hero and the heroine. In real life, sometimes you’re headed in the wrong direction and it takes an awful lot to see that for yourself and to admit it or be willing to make the change. Especially if the odds don’t look in your favour.
This was not only a story I felt compelled to write, but it also features a hilarious scene that was told to me by a friend and was used with her permission.
What is one of your favorite romantic locales?
Last year I was lucky enough to take a cruise in the Caribbean. I think New Zealand is beautiful, but seriously, the colors on the water there are breathtaking!
Is there anything else you’d like to share with our readers? 
If you’d like to hear about new release dates, please sign up my mailing list

You can also follow me on Social Media.

Facebook:

I also write romance as Cheryl Phipps and you can find me here: www.cherylphipps.com

Popular posts from this blog

Read 'Em & Eat-Mesquite Turkey Quesadillas

Moving On

Author Interview Monique McDonnell