Saturday, January 24, 2015

Author Interview-Lynda Coker

What inspired you to become a writer?
I've always been a hopeless daydreamer with multiple scenarios bouncing around in my head. But I never equated that with being a writer until I read an interview where the writer said that she decided one day to turn her daydreaming into a book.  Well, duh! That seemed like a fun thing to do, and if you knew me well, you'd know I usually leap before I look. Before I knew it, I was chin deep into a writer's world.

Who are your favorite romance characters (besides your own?)
Usually the characters in the last book I've read are my favorites. They're fresh on my mind and still linger in my heart and imagination, so they get first place until I read another great romance.

Tell me what inspired this story. 
Men who are born leaders and commander have their own unique attraction, however, not every woman finds that quality endearing, especially in the beginning. So I thought it would be fun to see how one reacts when faced with a woman that just isn't into the alpha male persona. Stormee and Dirk have that type of beginning in STORMEE WATERS.

What is one of your favorite romantic locales?

Anywhere near water. I love the ambiance associated with breaking waves, ocean sunsets, etc. The view, smell, sound, along with water's eternal mystery, all come together to make those locales full of romance. 

13 comments:

  1. Lynda,
    One of the best things about being a writer is having a license to daydream. Thanks for joining us today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mariposa!
      I enjoyed answering your questions, and by the way, I love your name. I appreciate you hosting me today and if any of your readers have questions about Stormee and Dirk's story, well, I'm just full of answers. But tell them to bring cookies because chatting and munching are two of my favorite activities. :)

      Delete
  2. Lynda, I thought was abnormal as a child dreaming up so many stories in my head. It was good to know when I grew up that I wasn't alone ��. Good luck with the book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Andrea,
      If nothing else, people like us are never bored. :) Best of success with your new book Dances of the Heart, soon to be released.

      Delete
  3. it was tales of Davy Crockett and Uncle Remus that made me want to adventure and to write about it. and this alpha male thing. it's funny how it works. Napoleon at first felt a loser because he couldn't win Josephine. and i've seen in it in the biggest and strongest of men. It may all be some plot to replenish the earth by Mother nature, but somehow it's more than only that. Women cut the biggest men down to size. We need them. it works that way. to need each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CottonSr,
    Now that was well said. We male/females do need each other.Our differences, if appreciated, strengthen and bind us together. That is, if we're smart enough to recognize that fact. *Wink Thank you for that comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit, my propensity for daydreaming stories goes way back. I can remember sitting in high school English class at a very small rural school, creating a story around two names carved into an old desk. Good luck with Stormee and Dirk, Lynda! Loved the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, we must have been sitting side by side in the same rural classroom. Those desk carvings certainly conjured up all kinds of thoughts in mind mind. Maybe that's why my I never learned to conjugate verbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention the fact that my mind runs faster than my fingers, leaving a lot to be desired in my typing skills. Sorry for the typing goofs

      Delete
  7. I used to daydream all the time, Well actually I still do. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kayden,
      It seems that the altered realities of daydreaming never really leave us, no matter our age. Thank you for dropping in and commenting.

      Delete
  8. Lovely to meet you Lynda. Stormee Waters sounds great and I love the cover! Very best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathryn
      It's a pleasure to meet you as well. And thank you so much for your good wishes.

      Delete