Author Interview-Rachel Leigh Smith

What inspired you to become a writer?
I can’t put my finger on any one thing. Writing was something I always enjoyed, and that my parents encouraged me to pursue. Then in 2007, I decided I wanted to get a little more serious and learn how to write a novel. So I did. I finished my first one in the winter of 2011, and I just published my fifth novel.

Who are your favorite romance characters (besides your own?)
How much time do we have? :D Acheron from Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark-Hunter series! He’s magnificent. I’m also a huge Psy-Changeling fan, and Sherri’s The League. I have such a Dark-Hunter problem that I own both of the coloring books out right now.

Tell me what inspired this story.
My Name Is A’yen arrived in a dream, after a pretty traumatic couple of years and surviving an abusive marriage. On the night of what would’ve been my third anniversary, I dreamed about a humanoid alien walking through the forest saying the same word over and over and over.
I woke up the next morning, got out a notebook, and started writing stuff down. It just poured out. In 86 days, I had a completed first draft of 97,000 words. Writing it was a big part of my healing process. I poured all of my heartache into A’yen, and when he got his happily ever after I kinda did too.

What is one of your favorite romantic locales?
It’s an Episcopalian church in St.Francisville, Louisiana, with a beautiful old cemetery. It’s such a beautiful place. And I’m odd enough that I find old cemeteries very romantic. Especially Southern ones in the spring when all the azaleas are in bloom.

Is there anything else you’d like to share with our readers?
My Name Is A’yen is free! It’s a romance focused on the hero, as all of my romances are. If the hero is always favorite character, or you like exploring new worlds, check it out. It’s available on Kindle, Nook, Kobo, iBooks, and Google Play.

They've taken everything from him. Except his name.

The Loks Mé have been slaves for so long, freedom is a distant myth A'yen Mesu no longer believes. A year in holding, because of his master's murder, has sucked the life from him. Archaeologist Farran Hart buys him to protect her on an expedition to the Rim, the last unexplored quadrant of the galaxy.

Farran believes the Loks Mé once lived on the Rim and is determined to prove it. And win A'yen's trust. But she's a breeder's daughter and can't be trusted.

Hidden rooms, information caches, and messages from a long-dead king change A'yen's mind about her importance. When she's threatened, he offers himself in exchange, and lands on the Breeders Association's radar. The truth must be told. Even if it costs him his heart.

Kindle


You can also check out my website, www.rachelleighsmith.com for more about A’yen’s Legacy, and watch for my upcoming shifter romance series launching this fall. I’m also on Facebook, www.facebook.com/rachelleighsmithauthor, and on Instagram, @rlsauthor.

Popular posts from this blog

Read 'Em & Eat-Mesquite Turkey Quesadillas

Moving On

Author Interview Monique McDonnell