The Story behind Lovestruck Two Step


One of the more unusual assignments in my college literature classes was to write a cocktail party scene involving the various characters from the stories we had read during the semester. 
I heard the murmur of collective dismay from my classmates. 
I could hardly wait to start writing.  All semester I endured the harsh glare of reality as reflected by American literary icons, Theodore Dreiser and Sinclair Lewis. Now it was time to have some fun. I don’t remember the final grade on that paper only that my ruddy-faced professor with a Hemingway complex noted positive comments in the margin instead of his usual acerbic barbs
.
I intended to end the Rhythm & Romance series with Wedding Tango. After all, how do you top a whirlwind adventure in Buenos Aires?  One of my girlfriends who’s strictly Ballroom mentioned that her group’s dance socials featured a live band.   Hmmmm…a live band could be interesting.  I started Lovestruck Two Step with notions of a two-man band in a dive bar, but once the music started, many of the characters from the earlier stories just showed up. What can I say?

Lovestruck Two Step is available as a pre-order from Amazon.

With her marriage and dance studio wiped out by divorce, Becca Collins reluctantly agrees to teach Two Step lessons at a country bar. Carson Quill isn’t thrilled about spending his Saturday nights playing guitar in a local dive, but a certain dance instructor with long legs and dark curls caught his eye. Does love have a shot in a bar called Last Chance?

Popular posts from this blog

Read 'Em & Eat-Mesquite Turkey Quesadillas

Moving On

Author Interview Monique McDonnell