Author Interview-Isla Grey


What inspired you to become a writer?
You know, I don’t remember a particular event.  I remember writing as a young girl so I guess it’s always been in my blood.  Of course, when I was smaller, it was mainly writing some pretty bad poems for my grandmother.

Who are your favorite romance characters (besides your own?)
I love old school romance.  Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester from “Jane Eyre” by Charlotte Bronte come to mind as well as the main character from “Rebecca” by Daphne Du Maurier.  Oh, there’s also Allie and Duke from “The Notebook” by Nicholas Sparks.

Tell me what inspired this story.
The idea for Asylum Harbor came from a family vacation to the beach where we visited Shell Island.  Yes, this place actually exists but no one lives there.  Vacationers like to visit during low tide to grab seashells and sand dollars.

What is one of your favorite romantic locales?
The beach is one of my favorites.  Definitely Williamsburg, VA—the colonial section.  I love walking Duke of Gloucester during sunset.  (Any later and you pass the ghost tours!)
Is there anything else you’d like to share with our readers?
I hope everyone enjoys reading about Devon, Kerr and Shell Island!

Trouble is the last thing Devon Brown needs when she leaves the painful memories of her past behind and heads to Shell Island.  As the Salty Dog’s new bartender, she finds herself drawn to Kerr, the Shell Island harbormaster.  But finding her happily-ever-after is difficult when dealing with an obnoxious bootlegger who supplies the bar with illegal liquor and a jealous coworker.
A standoffish loner with damaged emotions, Kerr avoids relationships like the plague.  Things change when Devon catches his eye.  When a simple flirtation grows serious, the coworker and bootlegger quickly become obstacles to any future Kerr and Devon may have together.  As the situation worsens, Devon realizes that even the still waters of Asylum Harbor are no refuge during a storm.
  

You can connect with Isla at:
Website:  
Blog:  
Amazon:  


Buy Links








Popular posts from this blog

Read 'Em & Eat-Mesquite Turkey Quesadillas

Moving On

Author Interview Monique McDonnell